12 Pin Flat Car Socket with LEDs for RVn and Aux Batteries. Led’s are located under the cover on the right and the left side of the Pins.
The biggest problem with trailer connections is corrosion. Generally, pin connectors are brass or poor quality brass alloy.
Trailer Vision has produced a combination of stainless steel screws with plated brass terminals to help prevent breakage and ensure tight contact between socket and plug.
- Pin 8 has a RED LED that indicates breakaway charging circuit.
- Pin 5 has a BLUE LED that monitors the breakaway battery circuit
Testing Breakaway Battery
- Disconnect the trailer plug from the vehicle.
- Pull out the pin in the breakaway switch to activate the trailer braking system.
- The BLUE flashing LED in the trailer plug must flash to indicate breakaway battery energy source.