13.5t Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder Kit inc Herc Alloy Chains
- Safety chain holders are mandatory on all trailer vehicles that weigh over 3500 kg.
- This 13.5t – 29,700lb truck trailer safety chain kit is treated with black weldable ElectroGal® to prolong durability and prevent corrosion.
- The 13.5t – 29,700lb safety chain holder is an innovative solution that prevents the dragging of safety chains of your trailer.
Every trailer has a tow bar fitted, with at least a pair of safety chain holders. Mounting these holders on either side and adjacent to the tow bar coupling makes towing easier. Road Trains are an exception, however!
The testing centre on the right is a 200t hydraulic testing station. All components are tested to 150% of their capacity then tested further to break capacity.
13.5t Herc Alloy safety chain kit includes.
- 2 x 13.5t Herc Alloy chain @ 80cm long.
- Two x 13.5t trailer mounted safety chain holders.
- 2 x 13.5t tow bar mounted safety chain holders.
The attachment must be able to withstand static forces that incur during towing and should be resistant to cracks or breaks. These static forces are maintained for a short period of about 10 seconds and include longitudinal and vertical tensions.
Pro Tip: The safety chain holders need to be a permanent fixture on your towbar. You may either weld or bolt the attachment to the tow bar using high tensile bolts.
- Weight- 22 lb
- Dimensions- 12″ x 6″ x 2″
Furthermore, links to other safety holder parts are here.
- 8t Military Grade Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder – Pair
- 22t Military Grade Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder – Pair
- 30t Military Grade Truck Trailer Safety Chain Holder – Pair